If your Nugsmasher is not holding pressure it is most likely that you have air in the system and your Nugsmasher must be purged of air (BLEED). This typically occurs when the unit has been transported or has had a rough shipment and is detailed in the below link.
- Make sure your unit is shut off and the release valve is tight to the right clockwise, and not under pressure at this time (OPEN PLATES).
- Close the plates leaving a 1/4" gap, and keep the jack handle receiver in an upward position. (PUMPING HANDLE ALL THE WAY UP)
- Flip your unit upside down, and wait one minute. Pump the handle downwards (up because the unit is upside down) and ensure the handle stays in that position until the unit is right side up.
- Open the release valve and let the plates drop to the bottom (up) and ensure they're fully open. (Unit is still upside down at this point)
- Once the plates are fully open, close the release valve tight to the right (clockwise), you can now turn the unit back to its upright position (holding the pumping handle in the down position as in step 3),
- It's okay to raise the pump handle now once the machine is upright, test by bringing the plates together and check the pressure.
- Repeat if necessary, if attempted twice with no change, please contact us for further assistance.
Bleed how-to video:
Article is closed for comments.